How Teeth Whitening Helps Improve Your Smile
Did you know that the state of your smile influences the quality of life you lead? While it may seem like the two have no direct correlation, it is true. Brightening and whitening your teeth will significantly affect your life by improving your smile, and consequently, the quality of your life.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
It is a dental procedure done in general and cosmetic dentistry to improve the brightness and whiteness of teeth. Teeth whitening near you is performed in a dental office, where the dentist attending to you will use various products to facilitate enamel bleaching.
The process of whitening teeth by a teeth whitening dentist is different from any other approach. For one, blue light from lasers is involved in the treatment to activate the whitening products used to bleach the enamels of your teeth. By this feature, professional whitening of teeth is also termed laser teeth whitening.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
If you have your dentist in Mandeville, LA, conduct the whitening procedure for your teeth, you never have to worry about the safety measures of the procedure. All teeth whitening dentists employ the necessary precautions to care for your gums and teeth during the procedure. It is why your dentist will apply a protectant on your gums before applying any bleaching products to your teeth. Better yet, the choice of dental products to use during teeth whitening treatments is crucial. The concentration of the bleaching elements should be regulated, which will prevent adverse dental complications like dentin hypersensitivity or significant enamel thinning.
Can Teeth Whitening Improve Your Smile?
Generally, whitening your teeth directly affects the state of your teeth. However, indirectly, there are other things about your general demeanor and oral health that are impacted. They include:
- Boosting oral hygiene – professional teeth whitening will often involve a teeth cleaning step before any bleaching process begins. The goal of teeth cleaning is to rid your teeth of any loose food debris, plaque, and tartar. At that, your teeth will already be brighter than before. Deep cleaning is, in this way, beneficial for boosting your oral hygiene.
- Improving the appearance of your smile – white teeth are always better looking than dull ones. As such, by going through a whitening procedure, all the stains on your teeth disappear, leaving you with a beautiful white and bright smile.
- A healthy mouth – a dentist will not overlook your oral issues while performing a whitening procedure for your teeth. Instead, he/she will bring to light any dental issues you may have that need to be treated. Better yet, the dentist will give guidance and recommendations on how to sustain a healthy mouth and a white smile.
- Boosting morale – if you needed any motivation to keep up with excellent oral health, then get your teeth whitened. Something about rocking a sparkling white smile makes people want to better take care of their smiles. Besides, using an expert approach and information from your dentist, you can keep up with proper oral hygiene and choose healthy foods that will not sabotage the health or appearance of your smile.
- Boosting self-confidence – as soon as you have a white and bright smile, you will feel the need to keep flaunting your smile. Teeth whitening procedures go a long way in influencing self-confidence, making people believe in themselves and their capabilities better than before. As such, teeth whitening should be viewed as an important aspect of self-care.
Should You Try Teeth Whitening?
If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth, then you have to consider teeth whitening. When you choose to whiten your teeth, it is essential that you opt for a treatment or approach that will be safe and effective. Instead of going through the hassle of at-home teeth whitening using alternative remedies, visit our offices for your teeth whitening appointment. Among the benefits of getting your teeth whitened by a dentist include:
- High safety standards to protect both your teeth and gums
- Effectiveness in whitening teeth, usually up to 4 shades whiter than the initial color
- Immediate results so that you do not have to wait a week or longer before you can see the result of your whitening treatment.
- Longer-lasting results, which allow you to go between 6 and 12 months before requiring a repeat whitening procedure.